LOOKING FOR A CAR TOWED IN WASHINGTON DC?
LOOKING FOR A CAR TOWED IN DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA?
FIND YOUR VEHICLE IN DC!
FIND TOWED CAR!
The District of Columbia has multiple sites which can be used to find a towed or relocated car. In DC sometimes cars are towed and other times they are relocated. The sites that we link to on this page can help you find a car that was towed or a car that was relocated in Washington DC.
CLICK HERE to go to the Washington DC Towed Vehicle Locator page. This site gives you DC towed vehicle information and District of Columbia relocated vehicle information. Find a towed car or relocated car in Washington DC.
- You can find out if your vehicle has been towed by entering specific information about your vehicle. You can either:
If you do not know your license tag or VIN, please call 311 (if calling outside the 202 area code, call (202) 737-4404). You can also contact the District’s Towing Control Dispatch Center at (202) 541-6083 to find out if your vehicle has been towed.
CLICK HERE to go to the Washington DC Booting and Impoundment Page. Information is available from the DC Department of Public Works
Vehicle Booting in Washington DC
District law states that a vehicle is boot-eligible if it has two or more unsatisfied parking and/or photo enforcement tickets that are 60 days old. A boot is a device attached to the car’s wheel in order to immobilize it. The boot can only be safely removed by DPW. A booted vehicle is subject to towing immediately, if the outstanding tickets and boot fee remain unpaid. Boots are normally removed less than two hours after fines have been paid.
DPW will tow booted vehicles from the street to either 1725 15th Street, NE (open weekdays from 10 am to 7 pm) or the Blue Plains Impoundment and Storage Facility at 5001 Shepherd Parkway, SW (open weekdays between 8 am and 4:30 pm). Customers may call (202) 541-6083 to learn the impoundment lot where their vehicle was towed.
To release the booted or towed vehicle, you must pay the boot or tow fee and all outstanding parking tickets on the vehicle tag.
IN ORDER TO PAY OUTSTANDING PARKING FEES IN DC:
- You can pay parking tickets and fees in person at the DMV Adjudication Service Center. Tickets and boot fees may also be paid online.
- The DC DPW has One Stop Customer Service Centers at the Blue Plains Impoundment Lot #4 (located at 5001 Shepherd Parkway, SW) and 15th Street Impoundment Lot # 5 (located at 1725 15th Street, NE) to allow you to pay ticket and tow fees online without visiting DMV’s Adjudication Services. Call 311 or (202) 737-4404 to determine which impoundment lot your vehicle is located.
- Payments may be made with cash, money order, or credit card. The DC Government accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards. DC Government does not accept American Express credit cards.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Checks cannot be accepted for release of booted vehicles or towed vehicles with multiple outstanding tickets.
- According to the DC websites, until you pay the tow and ticket fees, you may remove only these items from your vehicle: cash, checkbook, driver license, perishable items, medicine, and tools necessary for livelihood.
Impoundment Lots and hours of operation can be found on the Department of Public Works website.
CLICK HERE for More Information about Vehicle Booting in DC.
Impounded vehicles that remain unclaimed after 28 days following notification are sold at public auction online at www.dcgovt.govdeals.com or scrapped.
Common Towing Questions – Washington DC
HOW TO RECLAIM VEHICLE TOWED OR IMPOUNDED IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA:
DC TOWED VEHICLE FEES
|Washington DC Booted/Towed Vehicles||Fee|
|Towed Vehicle storage if you do not retrieve the car within 24 hours of the tow||$20/day|
- Washington DC Booting & Towed Vehicle Fees
- How to Retrieve A Towed Vehicle in DC
- Request A Hearing on a Towed Vehicle in DC
- Request A Hearing on a Booted Vehicle in DC
CAR TOWED BY PENTAGON POLICE
If your car was towed by the Pentagon Force Protection Agency or at the Pentagon, you may need to check a private towing company for more information. According to the PFPA website, vehicles can be towed and booted by the PFPA.
CLICK HERE for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency Vehicle Towing Site (cartowed.com is not affiliated in anyway with the Pentagon)
From the PFPA website:
Booting – If your vehicle was booted, you must first follow the instructions posted on your driver’s side window and pay the required fees ($75). However, if the boot is not removed within 24 hours, your vehicle is subject to relocation, which will increase the required fees.
Towing – If your vehicle was towed, you must first pay the required fees. The cost to retrieve a towed vehicle is $95 cash or credit. Payments are made at the Impound Lot located at lane 52 in the North Parking Lot, if your vehicle is released within 24 hours of the initial tow. However, if your vehicle is stored in excess of 24 hours, it is subject to relocation, which will increase the required fees. If your vehicle is relocated, please contact:
8109 Ransell Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
All appeals or complaints must be submitted in writing and addressed to:
Parking Enforcement Unit Supervisor
Pentagon Force Protection Agency
9000 Defense Pentagon, PLC2-BH985
Washington, DC 20301-9000
This site provides applications using data that has been modified for use from its original source, http://dmv.dc.gov/page/bootedtowed-vehicles, the official website of the City of Washington DC. The District of Columbia and this site make no claims as to the content, accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any of the data provided at this site. The data provided at this site is subject to change at any time. It is understood that the data provided at this site is being used at one’s own risk. This Site is not affiliated with any governmental, state, city, or county agency and is a private site for informational purposes.